Thursday, December 30, 2010

Building New Skills in 2011

In a Yahoo! group the members have assembled a list of skills to build in 2011. I like the idea of skill building topics for the year. I don't want to be the same quilter in 2011 I was in 2010. I want to grow and strive to fearlessly undertake challenging projects in order to improve. The skill for January is 'y seams'. I don't mind them by machine or by hand, and I am inclined to join in the fun. Are you?

If you are interested in skill building around 'y seams' consider this primer or read through this pattern.

There are inspiring photos posted by Taryn, Kathie, more Kathie, Lori, Marti Mitchell and photos on Ms. Brackman's Material Culture blog with information about a stars quilt study in Oregon and later in Indiana, USA. Here is one I may consider, just the right size! A lovely antique carolina lily and another carolina lily with gorgeous feathers.

There is even a lone star sew along by Lyn Brown beginning in January.

~~Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I've never joined a yahoo group and my serious lack of time keeps me from doing so,(don't know how much it involves really) but this really intrigues me. Thanks for posting this, I am going to look at the links and maybe even join the sew along!

    ReplyDelete