Thursday, December 23, 2010

merry and bright

First things first. I did include the fly fabric in my string blocks! I have been sewing along and keeping up (for the most part) with the mystery. I've also been anticipating each clue for the Quiltville mystery, next one comes out early tomorrow morning...and I can't wait!




So in between steps I have been...



Working...and doing a little shopping, baking and wrapping of course!



Winning. Thanks to Angie and Allison I won a machine quilting book and some lovely charm squares. The book is an excellent resource and will help me along the free motion quilting journey. The charms are a really fun assortment ~ see how Allison sewed them up into a quilt here. These gifts are so inspiring. Thank you ladies.



Beginning. In honor of the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War I have started the Thread Head Quilt Along in civil war fabrics. The blocks are not necessarily from the CW era. I may do a few substitutions. This is a way I have chosen to commemorate it, there are so many ways! Perhaps make a red, green and white quilt? You could sew CW era blocks from scraps or yardage of CW era fabric, use CW fabrics to sew up something that catches your eye, or sew a quilt that somehow connects 2011 to 1861 for you. Maybe a sashed sampler with one block each from the 1860s, 1870s, 1880s, and so on?

Thread Head's block #2 squared up and ready to sew together



Reading blogs. Incredible ~ see this story ~ a woman sold her crazy quilt for a tidy sum. Congratulations to her and many thanks for educating those who don't sew and don't know what goes into doing what we do.

May your days be merry and bright! My wish is you have some time to relax, slow down and reflect...and put a little needle and thread to fabric if you please.

~~Lisa

1 comment: