Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sidelined

Not much sewing going on here lately. I managed to get some of Joanne at Thread Head's blocks sewn...


and to sew several scrappy log cabin blocks with some fabrics left from other projects...

Scrappy log cabin block
1.5 inch strips, 3.5 inch center (measurements before sewing).
I think I will add another round to these.


before I was sidelined. Unfortunately, I have recently done more typing and minutes-taking than my body could handle (mind is still willing!). It's all in a day's work for an executive assistant. I don't like to be out of commission, but I am afraid it's what the doctor ordered for now. If I comply I will have many more years of pain-free sewing ahead.





Meanwhile I am dreaming of starting this Irish Cabins quilt from American Patchwork and Quilting, April 2006. I am collecting fabrics for it (I can't sew much, but I can plan and collect!). I just fell in love with it when I saw Laurie Simpson's version here.


Lots of planning!

Have you heard about Denise Russart's sew along, Granny's Hankie?


There are so many sew alongs going on, I had to share another.

Happy stitching!
~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment