Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Many Quilt Alongs


To be sure there are many quilt alongs beginning this month. Previous posts on this blog have identified Thread Head which began last Fall (it's never too late to begin this gorgeous quilt); Civil War Quilts where a weekly block is posted by Barbara Brackman; and The Lone Star quilt along by Lyn Brown.

If there is a shortage of new projects on your list perhaps consider one of these sew alongs (no affiliation):

Ashes of Roses Quilt Along by Ronda. Gorgeous. Love the different colorways. All of them. This quilt uses Inklingo products. I have been meaning to do a project using Inklingo. Hmmm.

Postage Stamp Quilt Along by Rachel. Classic. This would be lovely in any jelly roll you have on hand.

My Tweets by Erin. Saturated. The color and exquisite applique are enough to make your mouth water. Her instructions are detailed and seem to suit all levels.

A Cherry House Quilts Quilt Along by Cherri. Modern. Serene and edgy at the same time. I love the possibilities.

At this point I am resisting these, though not sure how long I'll be able to maintain this reserved state. There is something for everyone out there. I'd love to have 10 of me sewing on all of my projects at once...well, maybe not. My sewing space is not *that* big.

Here is a nice tote pattern, my pick of the week ~ I plan to sew one up tomorrow. Yes, I have the day off for my own sewing retreat. Now, to stay away from all other distractions...

~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment