Friday, July 15, 2011

You Can Make a Quilt in a Day

Yes, you can do it! It took seven hours to make the center of the Quick Trip quilt (I am not the fastest so certainly it can be made more quickly than that). I needed to purchase more fabric for the first border so I have only completed the center so far. Today I finally was able to get to Sew Fun and thankfully Lynn still had the fabric in stock! There is always a bit of anxiety about whether it will still be there by the time I am able to get to the shop. Now I have to add the borders and the top will be complete. Then I will make another one, they're so fast why not?!



What else have I been up to? Autumn Leaves has me captivated. I enjoy the possibilities of color combinations and I have been piecing a lot of them since the Quilt in a Day training ended. I am going to have one great Fall quilt when I get to the bottom of the pile of batiks! Below is a sample of possible groupings for leaves.

I have also been selecting fabrics for a star wallhanging called Wish Upon a Star. I call this 'homework' now that I am preparing to teach ~ sounds better to me than 'putzing around in the sewing loft'. Whatever it is called, it's a lot of fun.

Hope you're having fun sewing too!
~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment