Friday, April 1, 2011

Gratitude



Did you go see the Infinite Variety exhibit of red and white quilts? I am not nearby, across the nation, actually, so I have enjoyed it through the eyes of others. My intent when visiting various blogs was to understand the scale and implementation of the installation and to see the quilts, of course. My unexpected delight was reading the reactions to and characterizations of the exhibit. To those who visited and shared, *thank you*, it has truly been a pleasure to experience it through your eyes. To those who worked to bring the exhibit to life, you have made so many people joyful in your work. To Ms. Joanna S. Rose, I am grateful for your generosity in sharing your treasures with us all.


If you have photos from the exhibit, you may wish to send them to the American Folk Art Museum as they have requested photos (submit by April 11). See details here.


On another note, a tip: I like to use washable Crayola Crayons for marking quilts. I have not had any color stay behind, but I test each time just in case. If you're looking for a reliable method for marking quilts, give this one a try. Of course, they come in all kinds of colors and if one is not easy to see on a particular fabric, there is sure to be another that is (I am not affiliated with Crayola ~ just passing along a tip that works for me).



Name: Bozley

Occupation: Madison's sidekick, Certified Quilt Inspector

Loves: giving 'hugs' * treats * walks * treats *other dogs * treats * naps

Dislikes: baths


I'll be back soon with an update on CW blocks...and I need to get back to it because a new block is coming out tomorrow!


~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment