Monday, April 11, 2011

Cambria





10 Richmond


5 Kansas Troubles

11 London Square

In recent weeks I have worked on a few of the Civil War Quilts blocks. I am primarily using red, blue, shirtings, and brown with touches of cheddar and pink. I can't wait to photograph them all together so I am using that as incentive to get completely caught up.


3 Seven Sisters


My favorite block in this group is London Square. Perhaps I will make up more of those for a quilt of all London Square blocks. I'm thinking about that, I have a lot of irons in the fire. I will certainly keep you posted.



Lately I have made a few little pincushions. Always great for a quick finish and so useful. I like the tiny ones to keep with handwork so I have somewhere to put my needle in between stitching. Of course, it's always a good idea to know where you stuck it. With our curious little dogs around, it's extra important!


Instead of sewing Sunday I went on a road trip with the dogs and Mr. IQ to Cambria. We walked about, saw sweet little stores and enjoyed lovely weather. If you have never visited Cambria, California, USA I highly recommend it! I most of all hoped to go to a favorite shop, Birds of a Feather. I learned she has gone online only and will miss her dear little shop for sure. PKM even blogged about the shop. We were able to visit an antique shop and see a couple of well loved quilts. A grandmother's flower garden (hexagon) quilt above with fussy-cut split star fabrics (above) and a six point star with a little bunny, just in time for Spring!



Happy stitching!


~~Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pin cushions. I enjoyed your post. I like your style and what great blocks!

    ReplyDelete