Have you heard? Darlene (Sew Cal Gal) hosted the 2011 Golden Quilter Awards and I am excited for the winners ~ they're certainly a talented bunch.
Here is the complete list of winners:
- Best Designer: Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Best Teacher/Instructor: Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville
- Best Author: Eleanor Burns of Quilt In A Day
- Best Quilt Store (brick and mortar): Mary Lou's in Gastonia, NC
- Best Quilt Store (online): Fat Quarter Shop
- Best Long Arm Quilter: Judi Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts
- Most Innovative Product (physical item): AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter
- Most Innovative Product (software): Electric Quilt Company's EQ7
- Most Influential Person in the world of quilting to date (Lifetime Acheivement Award): Eleanor Burns
- Best Quilt Retreat: Two Wacky Women
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to Darlene for hosting the awards. I am fortunate in that each of them, minus two, have influenced my quilting in some way...(and the two I have not encountered yet I need to make up for lost time).