Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is Here

Happy Spring! I have sewn a little wallhanging in honor of the occasion. It began with the floral focus fabric and initially I planned to pair it with a lovely bright pink and yellow with small flowers in a nine patch on point. Once I laid it out I knew the plan needed a little tweak.
These nine patches will find a place in another quilt ~ they didn't seem to suit this one.

...and this is what it evolved into...the darker pink (Pantone's honeysuckle?) and a deep, dark green.

This is the revised Spring wallhanging

Given that we have had rain since Friday ~ this may be the only Spring I see today!

I have also been working on the Civil War Quilts blocks lately. I have a few blocks to catch up on and yesterday there were a couple of hours to sew. They have each been lovely and some more challenging than expected. I enjoy making them and learning more about piecing and Civil War history as I sew. Once next week's block is released I believe we will be one quarter of the way finished sewing the blocks. Hard to believe, just one block per week and we will have a lovely commemorative quilt.

~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment