Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dancing Lavender






Spring is official when the little goldfinches (not sure, but I believe they are goldfinches) arrive. At work there is a courtyard full of lavender and these little birds vigorously pluck out seed with their beaks, making the lavender sway. I saw them every day last week, from about 7:30am to 9:30am they fed right outside our window.

Last Saturday I headed to work (on my day off) to take a snapshot of them. With their beautiful bright yellow feathers and the gorgeous purple and green of the lavender bushes I thought it would be a great opportunity for some quilty inspiration. I waited three and a half hours for them, and they didn't show up that day. So, instead I took pictures of...

lots of lavender...

a bee...

a hummingbird...

a butterfly...

and then...

I brought the camera to work again during the week to finally get a picture of the little guys!

Happy Spring!

~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment