Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving








This week I have time off work to rest and recharge.
I have been cooking . . .
Stitching . . .these blocks will make a triple irish chain variation. This pattern sews up quickly and finally I cut into an April Cornell jelly roll that has been on my shelf for two years. Time flies, doesn't it?!



Cleaning . . . well, actually, more like visiting antique malls . . . and Saturday I spotted a familiar little black box with two latches and a handle on top. Do you know the description? This is what I brought home, and I have been cleaning it . . . does that count as cleaning?! This is a Singer Featherweight sewing machine from September 1945. It's in mint condition, glossy and bright (can you see the reflection in the finish?) and I have been enjoying getting her ship shape so I can put her back into service. It's an honor to own a Featherweight and believe me, she will be treated well.


Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
~~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment